Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Rebbe Responds

In the same letter as the one on Mendele's blog the Rebbe responds to gushing compliments:

Finally, a concluding remark relating to your laudatory reference to the Lubavitch movement, "with its deep concern for every Jewish individual's welfare." etc.

Needless to say, such appreciation is very gratifying, but I must confess and emphasize that this is not an original Lubavitch idea, for it is basic to Torah Judaism. Thus, our Sages of old declared that "Ve'ohavta Lereacha Kamocha" ("Love your fellow as yourself") is the Great Principle of our Torah, with the accent on "as yourself," since every person surely has a very special, personal approach to himself.

To the credit of the Lubavitch emissaries it may be said, however, that they are doing all they can to implement and live by this Golden Rule of the Torah, and doing it untiringly and enthusiastically.

These are the Rebbe's words! Consider yourselves complimented (and of course encouraged)!!

3 Comments:

At Tue Feb 27, 04:51:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rochie Sudak said...

I started commenting on here, but it got too long so it became a post. Although I was about to tell Mendy Friedman that he should limit his post to, say, 500 words, I think it's good I said nothing. I should practice what I preach first! Anyway, for those of you who do have more time than me - enjoy my post ;) If not, you're missing out.

 
At Wed Feb 28, 07:31:00 PM 2007, Blogger Shmuli said...

k.

 
At Thu Mar 01, 01:17:00 AM 2007, Blogger Rochie Sudak said...

lol, Shmuli you are always funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home