Am I the only one?!
Wow Shmuli, you couldn't have posted that at a better time.I'm having one of those kinda: "thought-I-was-superwoman-but-what-happened-now?!" days.
Musya's got a double ear infection, and both ear drums busted. Major pain, and constantly holding her. Should I give her antibiotics or not? Major stress. One sis says no way, one says you nuts? Of course! Dr. says that the garlic oil probably CAUSED the infection. (JK). Anyway, that's another whole story.
Back to my busy life: I need to get food for the class tonight, pick up graggers 40 min away for Mommy & me which is on Friday, make hamantashen for tomorrow's thing, and get the props for Purim in the Palace 1 hour away, for our Motzai shabbos party. (Musya does NOT like the car, so that means if she's not sleeping, she's screaming, which makes the whole day pretty stressfull). Then, gotta go choose costumes of kings and queens. (actually gotta google a place to get them first, and Musya doesn't love working at the computer with me).
Now, that all may sound pretty simple to those of you who've done this before, but.... I'll still go on. It's all relative, and when you had 1 kid I'm sure you had some of these days too.
My cleaning lady (as if she's mine) confirmed that she will be here till pesach once a week at least. Every friday. But no, she hasn't showed up for the last 2 months. You can already imagine what my house looks like (maybe you should NOT try to imagine;) with laundry piled high till who knows where... and that's clean laundry of course. (because, I mean, you gotta do laundry. At least the cleaning lady will fold it and put it away, since it's like 9 loads). We almost don't live out of drawers anymore, we're living out of the clean laundry basket. The morning ritual: If 1 sock is all the way at the bottom, gotta fish it out and the rest comes flying.
Then, Musya decides that I should vacation with her all day on the couch, or on the floor, or enjoy whichever toy she's playing with. G-d forbid leave her for a second. So only she needs to eat, sleep, bathe, and play. Dinner for her parents?? Nah, they don't need that. What's the big deal if they starve? They need to sleep?? Nah, what's the big deal if my mommy nurses me ALL night, it's an easy schedule. Every hour on the dot!
Then comes shopping. Yikes, no food in the house!!! So I went shopping (yes, I know I'm lucky the kosher store is 40 min away, but still :) and now I got the entire house full of groceries (my kitchen isn't big enough). So that's more of a mess. Oh, I had guests last week for shabbos and need to change their linen cuz I have more guests (bochurim) coming this week. And there's only 1 set of linen! And guess what?! If I don't clean my bedroom, then that means the bochurim can't take a shower! (for those of you who don't know, the only shower is IN my bedroom). Um... I don't think Bentzi will let them in the house if they don't shower, so I guess Musya will just HAVE to help me clean my room!
OH - one last thing is Shabbos guests (friday night dinner, more like it). Why would I even feel stressed about that? How can I not have guests this shabbos? Well, sorry when exactly should I cook? While she's sleeping from 3-4am?
So you might ask: what am I doing on the computer while Musya FINALLY fell asleep for the first time today??!!
At least I thought I'd come to get some inspiration from Mendele's blog, but that wasn't updated since the last time I checked, so I came here to vent. (My lucky husband must be praising the blog, since he totally missed out on this crisis).
So back to Shmuli.... thanks for that nice encouragement from the Rebbe.
On second hand, maybe, just maybe I'll be the superwoman again and have Friday night dinner guests :)
4 Comments:
hey, Rochie i hope your house does not look like the first time i came there...!
and even if it does i am not coming to help clean it...!
or you gonna have to wait till the end of the year:)
form behind the iron curtain
Woah Rochie!
What trauma you're going thru. It does not seem fun at all!
I babysat Estie's Chanale this morning. I just couldn't imagine having 2 of them around. Thank G-d they're at least 9 months apart!
Please teach us the tips you've mastered, so I can avoid going thru this...??
Well, tip #1 is call all of your sisters and get different advice from each of them :)
But since there's no time, I only called 2:
Dinie said that she never had that problem, since she had her 1st baby on shlichus and always had help.
Estie said that I should remember that the week before purim is only once a year, and I'll get back to normal life soon!
So far so good! I also listened to the new CD from the kinus that I'll tell you about. Helped a lot! (Maryashe Deren & Dinie - How to Juggle being Wife, Mother, Rebbetzin.) - note the order - that's how she says it. This comment is getting too long so I better run off!
thanx 4 ur tips
i like it...wife, mother, rebetzin... helps prioritize.
Post a Comment
<< Home