Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Update on other stuff

While the shlichus information is buffering, I thought I might give you an update on some other not-so-recent events. (The subjects will be color coded-just for fun.)
A couple weeks ago Rivky and I decided to go to my sister in Pitts. for Shabbat. While there we figured, "We're so close to Mommy-Shviger's fresh cooked and baked goods why not go get 'em!" (Along the way we would stop off to be menachem ovel Zaide)
So we did.
Motzaei Shabbat we hopped into the car (of course in our present situation "hopping" is obviously only figurative) and zoomed off. (note: don't anybody start getting all worrying now, "zoomed"is also figurative! And anyways I'm still here, telling you the story so...)
We arrived in Cleveland a 1/2 hour later than scheduled because throughout my driving career I have made a chazaka of making no less than three U-turns on every trip!
Our first stop was @ Zaide's where we got a full fledged baking lesson from di Bubbe (the focus was on mashing bananas into cinnamon and adding one recipe of 'lekach'. The outcome should be 1000 servings of banana-lekach cake about which no one will ever complain that it's not lekach-banana cake!)
With $100 extra dollars (with Bubbe's permission of course), five or six pieces of cake and a bushel of ready to mush bananas for di Shviger we set off on our way to Rivky's childhood home (the one besides the one in Solon).
Now I know that the way I said that makes you think that we had some kind of wild odyssey on the way from Bubbe's to Shviger's but we didn't.
We got there without a problem. Der Shver greeted us very joyfully- he was in a particularly good mood, laughing more than usual (if you can imagine der Shver laughing more that usual that you'll get the picture otherwise go visit him yourself and when he's happy to see you and he laughs more than usual, you'll get the picture then.)
We ate and drank and went to bed.
Early on the AM we hopped (ibid) into the car and drove the 21/4 hours back to Pitts, picked up my sister and drove the 6 or 7 hours to NJ, picked up another car and drove the 11/2 hours back to CH (home of CHK, ULY, LYO, Nosh World and us). The end.
Here I write a letter to our family in the very far:
Dear Freedmanen (of the Argentinian type),
I'm pretty sure it's not only me who is have trouble reading your posts though we very much want to. So here is my suggestion: Instead of clicking the blue button that says Save as Draft try clicking the orange button that says Publish Post.
Many thanks and Happy Chanukah, I remain, Sincerely, Truly and Respectfully,
S.
That's the end of the letter and the end of the post. I appreciate the air-time...

3 Comments:

At Wed Dec 13, 04:20:00 PM 2006, Blogger Freedman Family said...

dear Uncle shmuli,

we are saving it as draft because we write it and my mother has to edit it!

(how did you guess we always save it?)

 
At Wed Dec 13, 10:02:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rochie Sudak said...

Freedman family: How silly. Tell your mother that it's a lot more fun to read when she did NOT correct the spelling yet!

 
At Wed Dec 13, 10:16:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rochie Sudak said...

S: you are great entertainment, as usual! Pretty soon your wife will finally be able to hop skip and jump again... for me it sounded like the impossible, but somehow (TG!) we all get back to normal:)

Re 'getting the picture' about my father laughing... when we read that, we laughed so hard that we almost has a repeat of 'the picture' here! (not quite though) And btw, when my parents were here for shabbos, Nechama Shemtov thought we needed to call 911 when it happened, but we assured her it's not the first time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home