Friday, October 20, 2006

Succos in Russia "the deeper meaning"

Hi everybody!
after a long time of reading articles of a great scholar and Writer our dear uncle Shmuly and others, I decided to write also some thing that are not important jus things that are going on in life.
starting with this one:
here in Russia as I already mentioned is a very nice country for touring and learning (that's why I'm here) but you have to know the hole time that you are in this country, that means it's not enough to be here, you have to carry your passport with you all day long wherever you go to prove the this is you in this country and not someone else, did you guys understand me?
so when the police stops you you have to show your passport so besides caring your wallet and cell phone you have to carry your passport all day long.
and to make a long story short "Ich hobe es nisht", came out to be that I could not leave yeshiva for Sucoss and I stayed here the entire month of Tishray not leaving this place (this place means a camp site 1 hour drive from Moscow were the yeshiva is located), no don't worry it was not that bad because I was able to go to Moscow every day of Chol Hamoed for Mivtzoim (and risked my being there with out a visa) I was able to see the Kremlin from the car I was driving in because going out will cause police to stop me and ask for documentation' I was able to go to a hotel called "the president hotel" its a hotel for people the were invited by the Russian government diplomats and so on, to go in there you need a passport but Jews always find their ways so I got in there for Mivtzoim to visit some diplomat from Canada that he was not there when we came, and so on, so Succos here was a enjoyable time including Simchas Torah and Shmini Atzeres.
don't think that this happened just because I tried to get out of this country before my visa expired, and therefore I was supposed to go to Romania for Succos we came to the airport and with the lack of Russian that I have we were driven to the wrong terminal and by the time we arrived at the right terminal the check in closed 5 minutes before and we were not able to buy the flight to leave the country, so that was my luck.
so I'm here in Russia for the year with more experiences to come and hope to let you guys know about them.
thanks for reading
Mendy Freedman
p.s. who ever did not realize I left my teenage years 2 days ago. So I accept all comments. Thanks to uncle Shmuly we are all proud of our birthdays lately!
Maybe someone put up on the blog all the birth day and special events of the family so everybody will know when thing happen or are supposed to happen and there will be no more lack of communication in the future, (Please drop this in the suggestion box, thank you).

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 20, 05:57:00 AM 2006, Blogger Mendy said...

Bentzy i hope the spell check worked fine this time,
and happy eagagment anyversity!
sorry for the misspelling!

 
At Sat Oct 21, 08:49:00 AM 2006, Blogger Dinie said...

Hi Mendy,
It seems like you are in a similar living environment...after Russia, this place with all its Amelia's would be a breeze for sure!

 
At Sun Oct 22, 04:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger Shmuli said...

Hi Mendy,
Great to hear your voice... (read your hand writing.. computer typing... whatever.)
Happy Joining The Adult World to you, anjoy your stay... make yourself comfortable it's gonna be a long ride.
Shmuli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home